About Mr. Deshpande
Mr. Deshpande is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon. He is a Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. Mr. Deshpande is Lead Breast Clinician and Lead for Enhanced Recovery after Breast cancer Surgery at Wrightington Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust. He is also a honorary senior lecturer for University of Edinburgh and Edge Hill University. His enhanced recovery project (Day-case Breast Surgery) has received High Commendation at the BMJ Awards 2015 in Women's Health Category
Where Mr. Deshpande Practices
Euxton Hall Hospital
Pall Mall Hospital
1 Belvedere Rd,
0161 832 2111
HCA Hospital Wilmslow
52-54 Alderley Rd,
1.Effect of Povidone-Iodine Dressings on Surgical Site Infection Rate: A Randomised Controlled Trial.
Lim LI, Mastan S, Matsumoto K, Harkness R, Teasdale R, Deshpande A World Journal Of Medical Education and Research 2017, 1:12
2.How to prepare for the ST3 general surgery application Authors: Rikesh Patel, Adele Sayers, Amar Deshpande
Publication date: 28 Jan 20162. BMJ careers.
3. Acellular Collagen Matrix versus Autologous Breast Reconstruction: What do the Patients Prefer!
Lay In Lim and Amar Deshpande World Journal of Surgical Medical and Radiation Oncology 2014, 3:12
4. “Successful Anaesthetic Strategy for transformation of a breast cancer service, one stop diagnosis and listing followed by day case surgery”, abstract published in Euroanaesthesia Jounal, June 2015.
5. “Extended prophylaxis with Antibiotics and Povidone Iodine Solution Wound cover in preventing Surgical Site Infection (SSI) in Elective Breast Patients.” This abstract was published in the journal “European Surgical Research”, in June 2013.
6. “Anaesthetic considerations for 23 hour discharge pathway for breast cancer surgery at WWL NHS Foundation Trust UK”, abstract published in Euroanasthesia Journal, in June 2012.
● Deshpande AD, Turton P and Thrush S. Autologous latisimus dorsi reconstruction using a de-epithelized skin paddle, skin sparring mastectomy (via a wise pattern) and dermal flap. EJSO. Oct 2008;10(34):5-6.
● Deshpande AD, Hodder R, Ballal M and Cade D. Patient Satisfaction: An influence on clinical decision making, European Surgical Research Journal Sept 2005.
● Deshpande AD, Garud TT and Evans H. Impact of Splenectomy on surgery for gastro-oesophageal cancer, Asian Journal of Surgery Dec 2004.
● Deshpande AD, Garud TT and Holt SDH. Core biopsy as a tool in planning the management of invasive breast cancer. World J Surg Oncol. 2005 Jan 4;3(1):1.
● Garud TT, Deshpande AD. Midazolam alone may not provide the desired therapeutic effect for Colonoscopy. Colorectal Disease Sept 2004:6(2):36.
● Deshpande A, Hodder R, Selvachandran SN and Cade D. Is a flexible approach necessary to sedation for flexible sigmoidoscopy? Colorectal Disease, October
● Deshpande AD, Hodder R, Ballal M, Selvachandran SN and Cade D. Performance indicators as defined by The Patient. Colorectal Disease, July 2003;5(1):1-32.
● Garud TT, Deshpande AD and Murray L. Retroperitoneal Malignant Schwannoma with Invasion of Gall Bladder presenting as Acute Abdominal Emergency. Asian Journal of Surgery, 2003;26(1):p233.
● Deshpande AD and Sivapragasam S. Isolated posterior gastric perforation in a case of blunt abdominal trauma, Emerg Med J. 2003 Nov;20(6):566.
● Garud TT, Deshpande AD and Evans HJR. Pseudo-Aneurysm of an Anomalous Anterior Tibial artery following Total Knee Replacement. EJEVSExtra, 2003;5:1-2.
● Deshpande AD, Balasubramaniam D and Sivapragasam S. Advanced carcinoma of the colon in a 19-years-old girl. Gastroenterology Today, 2001;11:104-5.
One Stage Nipple Areolar Reconstruction with Skate Flap and Full Thickness Skin Graft: Miami Breast Cancer Conference Feb 2015
Retrospective Audit of Lipomodelling of Breast. Miami Breast Cancer Conference Feb 2015
Enhanced Recovery after Breast Cancer Surgery, Miami Breast Cancer Conference, Feb 2015
Successful anaesthetic strategy for the transformation of a breast cancer service: one stop diagnosis and listing, followed by day case surgery. Accepted for
presentation in June 2015, at Berlin
Guest Speaker in the, “Association of Breast Surgeons of India Conference, Bengaluru,” July 2016 presenting on Enhanced Recovery after Breast Reconstruction.
Guest Speaker in the, “Alexandria Anaesthetic and Intensive Care Conference”, October 2014, presenting on Enhanced Recovery Project after Breast Cancer Surgery for sharing the service improvement ideas.